Website Launch & Project Celebration
February 16, 2021 – on Zoom
Conferences & Presentations
- Presentation: January 14, 2022. A workshop about compassionate pedagogy and using FPPSE resources in your teaching and learning, Intercollegiate Pedagogical Days, Michelle Smith, Laura Shea.
- Presentation: February 9, 2022. First Peoples Post-Secondary Storytelling Exchange: Visions for post-secondary, Dawson College Social Science Week, Michelle Smith, Kahawihson Horne, Alexandrea Matthews.
- Presentation: March 10, 2021: “Ethics and Participatory Media” with “Mapping Participatory Media”
Michelle Smith, Pasha Partridge, Morgan Phillips. Hosted by Liz Miller, Concordia University. https://participatorymedia.redlizardmedia.com/first-peoples-post-secondary-exchange-michelle-smith-pasha-partridge-morgan-kahentonni-phillip/
- Conference: March 12, 2021 – Michelle Smith and Morgan Phillips: McGill University: 19th Annual EGSS (Education Graduate Students’ Society). Digital Stories: Building Communities through indigenous Research and Storytelling.
- Webinar: March 17, 2021. First Peoples Post-secondary Storytelling Exchange (FPPSE). Institut Nordique du Québec, Michelle Smith, Nicole Ives, Sophie Tukalak, Pasha Partridge. https://www.inq.ulaval.ca/index.php/fr/formation/webinaires/fppse
- Presentation: Lunchtime Talk: March 26, 2021: Storytelling and Revitalization of Education. Québec Youth Chaire-Midi Causeries Michelle Smith, Pasha Partridge, Morgan Phillips, Sophie Tukalak. http://www.chairejeunesse.ca/node/1311
- Presentation: April 1, 2021: Experiences in the First Peoples’ Post-Secondary Storytelling Exchange, First Peoples Week, Dawson College. Michelle Smith, Kahawihson Horne, Alexandrea Matthews.
- Presentation: August 18, 2021, “Dear Teachers: Stories from the First Peoples’ Post-Secondary Storytelling Exchange” at Vanier College’s Pedagogical Day, MOTIVATING STUDENTS IN A NEW LEARNING LANDSCAPE, Michelle Smith, Pasha Partridge, Alexandrea Matthews.
- Presentation: February 3, 2020: Panel Presentation: Concordia University – FIRST VOICES WEEK: Indigenous Education systems: A First Peoples Postsecondary Storytelling Exchange (FPPSE) Dawson College 2016-2020.
- Presentation: October 24, 2019. Project Update to SSHRC Grant Partners at Dawson College: First Peoples’ Storytelling Exchange: Project Update.
- Presentation of films: May 22, 2019. Truth & ReconciliACTION: Cégeps & Indigenous Futures Conference at Vanier College.
- Presentation of films: March 13, 2019. Presentations of films made by FPPSE Participants in collaboration with Our World at the Skawenní:io Library in Kahnawake.
- Presentation of films: March 23, 2019. Presentations of films made by FPPSE Participants in collaboration with Our World at the Nasiviik Residence in Kangiqsujuaq, Nunavik.
- International Conference: May 16-19, 2018. 14th International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Indigenous Research Panel: A First Peoples’ Storytelling Exchange: Decolonizing Postsecondary Institutions through Digital Storytelling.
- International Conference: August 12-15, 2018. 17th International Congress on Circumpolar Health, Copenhagen, Denmark, Research Team and Inuk postsecondary students. Presentation: First Peoples’ Postsecondary Storytelling Exchange: Intersecting college and community circles.
- Presentation: November 13, 2018: Presentation of Preliminary Data Analysis to Community Advisory Board, Dawson College.
- Presentation: Oct 10-12, 2018. Colloque sur la perseverance et la réussite scolaires chez les Premiers Peuples: Cheminer ensemble pour aller plus loin. Montréal, Canada.
- Presentation: Oct 14-16, 2018. CICan 2018 Indigenous Education Symposium. Wendake, Canada.
- Presentation of films: April 9, 2018. Presentations of films made by FPPSE Participants in collaboration with Our World at Dawson College.
- International Conference: June 24-28, 2017. World Indigenous Peoples Conference on Education (WIPCE); Panel: A First Peoples Storytelling Exchange: Intersecting College and Community.
- Presentation: May 17-18. (Dis)Comfort Zones: Negotiating Tensions and Cultivating Belonging in Diverse College Classrooms in Québec. Vanier College, Montréal.
- Presentation: June 6-8, 2017. Colloque de L’Association québécoise de pédagogie collégiale (AQPC) Concordia University, Montréal.
- Presentation: Oct 10-12, 2017. Colloque sur la persévérance et la réussite scolaires chez les Premiers Peuples Québec, QC.
- Presentation: September 19, 2017: A First Peoples Storytelling Exchange : Intersecting college and Community Circles: PROJECT UPDATE to Collaborators/Partners, Dawson College.
FILM SCREENINGS AND FESTIVALS
- Oct 2018 ImaginNATIVE Toronto ON: The Story of Pasha 2:09 minutes by Pasha Partridge, Just Beyond My Front Door 4:21 minutes by Kanerahtens Bush
- April 2018 Asinabka Ottawa ON: The Story of Pasha 2:09 minutes by Pasha Partridge, Just Beyond My Front Door 4:21 minutes by Kanerahtens Bush, Assimilation 1967 2:49 minutes by Vicky Boldo
- Nov 2018 Regent Park Toronto ON: The Story of Pasha 2:09 minutes by Pasha Partridge, Just Beyond My Front Door 4:21 minutes by Kanerahtens Bush
- March 2019 SMITHSONIAN Native Cinema Showcase (NCS) in New York – the first time having the event in New York City: Just Beyond My Front Door 4:21 minutes by Kanerahtens Bush
- August 2019 SMITHSONIAN Native Cinema Showcase (NCS) in Santa Fe, which occurs in August 2019 during Santa Fe Indian Market: Just Beyond My Front Door 4:21 minutes by Kanerahtens Bush
- 2019 imagineNATIVE Film + Video Tour: The Story of Pasha 2:09 minutes by Pasha Partridge, Just Beyond My Front Door 4:21 minutes by Kanerahtens Bush
- March 2019 Māoriland Film Festival: The Story of Pasha 2:09 minutes by Pasha Partridge
- Nickel Film Festival-Sheshatshiu Innu School, Sheshatshiu.
- May 27 Mealy Mountain Collegiate, Goose Bay: May 30-Labrador: Naullaq & Unaaq by Mark Kadjulik, MASKIHKIY by Jackson Coyes, ó:nen í:ke’s Brooke Rice, My Life with Bannock Marlene Hale, Pingualuit – Leena
- May 22, 2019 Truth & ReconciliACTION: Reimagining CEGEPs for Indigenous Futures. Vanier College, ó:není:ke’s by Brooke Rice, Just Beyond My Front Door by Kanerahtens Bush.
- The Story of Pasha was selected by Lisa Jackson’s for her latest installation TRANSMISSIONS. http://lisajackson.ca/Transmissions
- Aug 2019 Montréal First People’s Festival: Naullaq & Unaaq by Mark Kadjulik, Assimilation 1967 by Vicky Boldo & Just Beyond My Front Door by Kanerahtens Bush